SOLOnet is one of the world's first compact web browser enabled infrared thermometer systems offering the user maximum flexibility and connectivity. With SOLOnet the user can configure the thermometer system to suit his individual measurement and control requirements.
Live temperature data is displayed on a PC or computer system via the web browser, together with related measurement parameters for ease of configuration. The parameters are easily adjusted and saved using drop-down menus or text windows.
Typically, end users will appreciate the convenience of configuring the thermometer via a standard web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator. Advanced users and OEMs will benefit from a lower-level interface with direct messaging via Ethernet or addressable RS485.
There are four different thermometer types with choice of operating wavelength, optical variants, laser alignment and measurement ranges to suit the chosen application within the operating range 200 to 1750°C. The measurement span can be selected within the thermometer range, with the minimum measurement span being 50°C.
* High precision inputs/outputs, both digital and current formats.
* Field changeable optics without need to recalibrate or any additional parts.
* Sapphire window is standard on all models - robust and low maintenance.
* Laser alignment option.
* Built-in peak picker, track and hold, and averager time functions.
* Choice of alarm outputs, including 'insufficient signal' alarm for ratio thermometers.
* Rugged, sealed aluminium housing.
* Optional water cooled and air purged mountings and accessories.
Benefits and advantages
* Improve product quality.
* Maximise production and throughput.
* Improve efficiency.
* Reduce energy costs.
* Flexibility of choice of inputs/outputs and alarm types.
* Flexibility of choice of interface.
* Simple, compact installation.
* Accurate, repeatable, fast response measurements.
* Highly interchangeable.
* Traceability of calibration to National Standards.
Versatile signal processing
The SOLOnet series of infrared thermometers provides cost effective, reliable measurement in a wide variety of process control applications.
SOLOnet can be used in standalone, single point or multipoint installations with individually, remotely adjustable sub-temperature ranges, current outputs, emissivity or non-greyness compensation and end-user defined alarms settings.
Choice of built-in peak picker, track and hold, or averager signal processing functions ensures accurate measurement of difficult or complex processes.
The optional DIN-rail mounted SOLOnet Webserver/Ethernet Interface Unit provides the user with a wide choice of configuration, interconnection, system monitoring and maintenance options.
Easy user configuration
* Configured from a laptop, PC, PLC or computer system with either temporary or permanent connection.
* Standalone, single or multipoint systems individually addressable and configurable with independent operation.
* SOLOnet Web/Ethernet Interface Unit provides simple system interconnections.
* Familiar Windows operating environment
* Choice of prewired cable assembly lengths for ease of installation.
The SOLOnet series of thermometers are suitable for a wide range of manufacturing and processing industries such as: ferrous and non-ferrous metals, glass, minerals, ceramics, chemicals, electronics and research and development.
Model SN11 operates in a temperature range of 550 to 1750°C, and is typically used in heat treatment, forging, welding, induction heating, soldering, hardening, chain annealing, ceramics, glass hobs and sub surface glass.
The SN21 operates from 250 to 1300°C, and its typical applications are heat treatment, preheating, induction heating, welding, hardening, annealing, non ferrous metals moulding, aluminium welding and glass moulds.
The SN51 is designed for temperatures from 200 to 1100°C, and for use in toughening/tempering, annealing, automotive glass, architectural/decorative glass, glass containers, forming, stem/base seal, pinch seal, Sealex machine, phosphor coating, and curing exit applications.
The SNR1 range operates in temperatures from 700 to 1750°C, and is applicable to forging, welding, induction heating, soldering, hardening, chain annealing, heat treating, pipe bending, precious metals melting, automotive components, lamp wire draw/anneal and lamp black glass drop.
Choice of connectivity, web browser and Ethernet interface
SOLOnet thermometers utilise addressable RS485 communications. With this, a thermometer can communicate either directly with an external customer device or with the optional Land SOLOnet Interface Unit SN-W/E.
SN-W/E manages and converts the thermometer's RS485 messaging so that the user can:
* Use the SN-W/E's built-in webserver module to monitor and configure the thermometer using normal web browsing software.
* Assign the SN-W/E an IP address, integrate it within the organisational network and communicate with it via Ethernet messaging.
* Change the position of the front-panel mounted switch and communicate 'straight through' with addressable RS485.
Current and contact-closure I/O is also fitted to each SOLOnet thermometer as standard and this can be accessed directly or via the SN-W/E customer terminals.
For more information contact Protea Automation Solutions, +27 (0) 11 719 5792.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved