printer friendly version
Sensors for stockyard control
June 2017, Sensors & Transducers
Telco Sensors are often considered as the infrared sensor problem solver because the products can withstand the effects of the most challenging applications such as the extreme airborne contamination found at paper mills.
Telco series Spacescan SS01 is used on log conveyors for detecting the presence of the log after it leaves the debarker and before it enters the band mill. The series replaces a single through-beam sensor that sometimes fails to detect small diameter logs which pass under the beam, or logs with significant bow causes a gap. They can also be used to measure the log diameter at the in feed and then a second one can measure it at the out feed.
Very important in this application is that Telco Sensors are:
• Easily aligned: the sensors are easy to align and require no complicated set ups that guarantee effortless installation every time.
• Penetration power: severe contamination is no longer a problem as the sensors operate reliably even in the most hostile environments.
• Immunity from background light: the sensors do not need to be covered or hidden from ambient or extraneous light to function effectively.
• Shock and vibration: the sensors can tolerate severe vibrations and physical impact without hindering lifetime or performance.
• Water resistance: the sensors are designed to withstand direct exposure to water and high-pressure spray and are capable of operating reliably in wet conditions.
For more information contact Gail Norton Instrumentation Agencies, +27 (0)31 701 4861, email@example.com, www.gailnortoninstrumentation.co.za
- Telco sensors in the automotive industry
January 2018, Gail Norton Instrumentation, Sensors & Transducers
Telco’s photoelectric sensor systems are the market leaders in safeguarding and monitoring automatic doors on transportation vehicles, including buses, trams, light rail and trains and platform screen ...
- SICK track and trace systems début in SA tyre plants
January 2018, SICK Automation Southern Africa, Sensors & Transducers
SICK Automation recently supplied two turnkey track and trace systems for multinational tyre manufacturers Bridgestone and Sumitomo Rubber at their South African plants, marking the first installations ...
- Encoders with energy-harvesting technology
January 2018, RET Automation Controls, Sensors & Transducers
Turck has announced an expansion of its encoder offering with the release of Compact Magnetic Absolute Multiturn Encoders. Available in analog, CANopen, and SSI output, these compact devices are ideal ...
- Specialised industrial electronics
January 2018, GHM Messtechnik SA, Sensors & Transducers
GHM Messtechnik South Africa supplies industrial electronics that meet the ever increasing requirements by industry for all systems and components involved in the production process. Their precision instrumentation ...
- High precision gap checker sensor
January 2018, SMC Pneumatics South Africa, Sensors & Transducers
The recently launched ISA3 series of gap checker sensors from SMC offers several significant benefits to customers, including lowered air consumption, increased precision and reduced cabling work. The ...
- Intelligent scanners for the food and beverage industry
December 2017, SICK Automation Southern Africa, Sensors & Transducers
SICK Automation has developed a range of barcode scanners to address the challenges of the food and beverage industry. These feature innovative technologies to provide highly accurate track and trace ...
- Telco sensors in food and beverage applications
December 2017, Gail Norton Instrumentation, Sensors & Transducers
Telco provides the packaging industry with infrared sensor solutions for challenging applications. The company’s sensor solution experience and problem-solving spans various fields including packaging, ...
- New high-performance cable option for accelerometers
December 2017, Automation & Control Solutions, Sensors & Transducers
In response to a growing demand for vibration monitoring in tough manufacturing and process environments, Hansford Sensors has launched a brand new FEP cable option for its high-performance vibration ...
- Combined velocity and temperature sensor
December 2017, Instrotech, Sensors & Transducers
Monitran has introduced the MTN/2285STC, a combined velocity and temperature sensor with 4-20 mA range outputs for industrial monitoring applications. A dual-output sensor, it is ideal for monitoring ...
- Absolute accuracy with the Hengstler Acuro encoder
December 2017, Countapulse Controls, Sensors & Transducers
Absolute encoders are considered ideal for applications where a power outage requires machinery to reorient without having to reconfigure any of its settings. This is because an absolute encoder is suited ...
- Current, voltage and frequency converter
December 2017, Parker Hannifin - Sales Company South Africa, Sensors & Transducers
Parker Hannifin has introduced the SCMA-VADC-710 current, voltage and frequency converter. This manageable device is switched between SensoControl measuring instruments such as The Parker Service Master ...
- Cordex introduces the Toughpix Digitherm pocket-size digital and thermal imaging camera
December 2017, Extech Safety Systems, Sensors & Transducers
Compact enough to fit into any work pocket, but rugged enough to take the hits, Toughpix Digitherm is a go-anywhere camera providing the power and resilience to get the job done.
Rugged, powerful and ...