Flexible manufacturing through innovation in automation
Technews Industry Guide: Maintenance, Reliability & Asset Optimisation 2018, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Omron’s i-Automation ‘Innovation in Manufacturing’ drive is focused on intelligent, integrated, and interactive automation to increase overall plant proficiency. The company functions as a partner to customers help innovate global manufacturing. Through its expertise in sensing and control technology, it enables manufacturers to operate with greater productivity and streamlined efficiency.
Omron has over 200 000 products to deliver ‘Inputs’, ‘Logic’ and ‘Outputs ‘– everything the user needs for machine automation. The range includes:
• Automation systems – IPCs, machine automation controllers, PLCs, remote I/O and HMI.
• Motion and drives – motion controllers, CNC, servo systems and frequency inverters.
• Robotics – industrial robots, linear axis control and mobile robots.
• Quality control and inspection – inspection and indent systems.
• Sensing – photoelectric sensors, mark and colour sensors, light curtains and area sensors, fibre optic sensors and amplifiers, inductive sensors, mechanical sensors/limit switches and rotary encoders.
• Safety – emergency stop and control devices, safety limit switches, safety door switches, safety mats, safety sensors, safety logic control systems and safety outputs.
• Control components – temperature controllers and sensors, power supplies, UPSs, timers, counters, programmable relays, digital panel indicators and energy monitoring devices.
• Switching components – electromechanical relays, solid state relays, low voltage switchgear, monitoring products, pushbutton switches and thermal blocks.
• Software – CX-One, Sysmac Studio, CX-One Configurator FDT, CX – Drive, CX-Thermo, Trajexia Studio, CX-Supervisor, CX-Server OPC, CX-Compolet/Sysmac Gateway, NS Runtime PC and Kepware OPC Server.
Omron is at the forefront of seamless input/logic/output technology, delivering connectivity that is reliably, fast and completely transparent. High performance, effortless integration, total safety and rapid time from concept to market ensure overall plant efficiency.
- KVM Tech focuses on product excellence and superior support
January 2019, System Integration & Control Systems Design
The intellectual property of KVM Tech was acquired by Alwyn Rautenbach in 2010 and a short while later current MD, Reghardt Rautenbach, joined the company. The intervening years have seen the company ...
- Integrated control solution for car heater manufacturing
January 2019, Beckhoff Automation, System Integration & Control Systems Design
TwinCAT CNC automates dispensing system used in the automotive industry.
- Black Rock Mine Operations
January 2019, IS³ - Industry Software, Solutions & Support, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Performance excellence through enhanced decision making and real-time management in a centralised control environment.
- Ultrasonic sensors for the OEM business
January 2019, Turck Banner, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Turck has expanded its ultrasonic sensor family with the introduction of the RU50 Eco series for price-sensitive OEM projects. The company was able to develop an ultrasonic sensor based on the latest ...
- Pre-assembled panel systems for pumping applications
January 2019, ElectroMechanica, System Integration & Control Systems Design
A complete range of robust pre-assembled irrigation and solar pump panel systems are available from ElectroMechanica (EM) for a wide range of pumping applications. “These solutions are designed not only ...
- PSY extends its offerings
December 2018, PSY International, System Integration & Control Systems Design
PSY International, a recognised systems integrator for a number of well-known international brands, was recently appointed as an integrator for AC/DC.
Paul Young, a director of PSY International, explains ...
- Craft breweries benefit from digitalisation with modular Siemens automation
December 2018, Siemens Digital Factory & Process Indust. & Drives, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Deutsche Beverage Technology (Deutsche Beverage) supplies turnkey engineering solutions for breweries, with its main customer base in the high-growth craft beer sector.
- PC-based control simplifies building revitalisation
December 2018, Beckhoff Automation, System Integration & Control Systems Design
PC-based building automation from Beckhoff is characterised by its openness, reliability, ease of use and long-term product availability. In the revitalisation of the Eurotheum high-rise building in Frankfurt, ...
- Yokogawa’s Centum VP R6 upgrade at ArcelorMittal South Africa
December 2018, Yokogawa South Africa, System Integration & Control Systems Design
ArcelorMittal South Africa’s Vanderbijlpark facility is one of the world’s largest inland steel works. Cold Annealing Plant Nr.2 (CAPL#2), has been running on a Yokogawa COPSV CFCD distributed control ...
- End-to-end system integration from Hybrid Automation
November 2018, Hybrid Automation, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Hybrid Automation, an engineering solutions company, was started in October 2005 by member Sachin Singh in response to the need for a Siemens systems integrator. The company’s workshop and office is situated ...
- Flexible tower light from Rockwell Automation
November 2018, Rockwell Automation, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Rockwell Automation has introduced the Allen-Bradley ControlTower 856T 70 mm Tower Light system to market. This new system incorporates brighter LED illumination and a broad offering of visual and sound ...
- Continuous baggage tracking
November 2018, SICK Automation Southern Africa, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Delayed, damaged or lost baggage reduces customer satisfaction and generates additional costs. International Air Transport Association (IATA) Resolution 753 on baggage tracking is intended to encourage ...