In more and more machines the incorporation of electronics is becoming the norm. This has led to increased EMI (electric and magnetic interference) in production. EMI is generally caused by thyristor control, switching and VSDs. Although there are VSDs with built-in filters, as a general rule most installations do not have internal filters.
As a result, EMI can wreak havoc causing inexplicable problems in the normal operation of machines. Ana-Digi Systems has a range of normal EMI as well as sine wave filters to address these issues.
The ADS-EM filter range is designed to convert the VSDs pulse modulation square wave signal to a smooth sine wave, thus significantly reducing or even eliminating EMI. Some of the benefits to this approach include:
• Protects motor insulation.
• Reduces bearing current leakage.
• Prolongs the service life of motors.
• Reduces motor noise.
• Reduces high frequency loss and EMI.
• Extended cable lengths between motors and VSDs.
• Available for 220-1140 V three phase VSD systems.
• Suitable for motors and inverters from 0,4-1600 kW.
• Suitable for output carrier frequency ranges from 1,5-16 kHz.
Read more...Dry-type transformers for auto plant
Electrical Power & Protection
An important expansion to South Africa’s automotive industry is benefiting from the installation of 10 dry-type transformers and two mini-substations supplied by Trafo Power Solutions.