MyFuture 4.0: next level digital skills and careers expo
December 2018, News
“South African organisations focused on building a future customer base and next generation workforce need to engage with the next generation now in order to understand Generation Z’s biggest concerns and moving to help address them,” says Hanli Goncalves, managing director of FOMOComm Holdings and organiser of the upcoming MyFuture 4.0 digital careers expo.
South Africa’s Generation Z – those currently in school or studying at tertiary institutions – are faced with a plethora of new challenges. Youth unemployment is at around 40%, disruptive technologies threaten to eliminate scores of traditional jobs, and few learners know how to future-proof their career choices.
MyFuture 4.0, to be staged from 13 to 16 March 2019 at the Ticketpro Dome, Northriding, Johannesburg, will showcase digital skills and careers, highlighting study directions, training and career opportunities and the future employers of choice. “This event fills a major information gap
for our next generation,” explains Goncalves.
“The event had barely been launched when schools notified us that they would bus 25 000 learners to attend. Clearly, there is a huge demand for information about digital careers and future-proof jobs within the Fourth Industrial Revolution. With this massive response from schools, learners and parents, MyFuture 4.0 will be a unique event in that it will not only answer questions for the next generation workforce, but will also present an ideal opportunity for organisations to engage with this new generation of workers and consumers.”
MyFuture 4.0 will feature:
• Tertiary institutions offering digital, STEM-related and ICT courses and training.
• Online courses and training.
• Industry associations and organisations seeking tech-savvy Gen Z employees, interns and trainees.
• Industries looking to highlight future career opportunities to maintain a skills pipeline.
• ICT firms, telcos and other businesses offering products and solutions to support digitally-enabled teaching.
• Next-generation learning tools, e-learning courseware, laptops, smartphones, tablets and software solutions.
• Organisations offering ICT, STEM and digital bursaries and internships.
• Banks and financial institutions offering education products and student loans.
• Digital financial services products and mobile apps applicable to learners, students and young professionals.
• Digital innovations, robotics, drones, apps, games and more, that showcase the world of the future to learners and parents.
• CSI initiatives focused on building digital skills in South Africa.
• Workshops and talks designed to help learners and parents understand future-proof subject choices and study directions.
As the first event of its kind in South Africa, MyFuture 4.0 will present industry leaders, thought leaders and technology innovations to the next generation. Extensive media interest is also expected.
For more information contact Joe Meiring, FOMOComm Holdings +27 12 001 7110, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.myfuture4.com