The WirelessHART mesh network protocol has built in safeguards that ensure reliable and secure communication:
• Self-organising and self-healing mesh network with redundant paths: reliable operation, even when obstacles or interference interrupt a communication path.
• Based on existing and well-known technology: requires only little additional knowledge and training.
• Channel hopping and blacklisting: reliable operation even within other networks using the 2.4 GHz band and interoperability.
• Time synchronised communication: power-efficient and scalable communication.
• Robust security and authentication measures following open standards (e.g. encryption according to AES128) with state of the art key management: network and data are protected at all times.
The benefits of the system include:
• Simple to implement and use, i.e. tools and work practices already in place.
• Quick upgrading of installed Endress+Hauser HART base with the WirelessHART adaptor.
• Open infrastructure based on standardised technology: third party HART devices are easily upgraded, integration into plant’s infrastructure and scalability of wireless network is ensured.
Application: Tank monitoring or inventory control
As part of a wireless system, Wireless HART devices acquire measured levels or material flow at regular intervals. The system transmits the information obtained to scada or inventory management software and, depending on application, onward to an ERP system. As a result, inventory cost can be reduced and gaps in supply chains can be closed. For users this translates into the chance to maintain competitiveness in a world with increasing globalisation of production.
Read more...Siemens makes industrial 5G router available July 2021, Siemens Digital Industries
, Industrial Wireless
Router supports future-oriented applications such as remote access via public 5G networks or the connection of mobile devices such as automated guided vehicles in industry.