The SAIMC has announced that it has established SABS TC 165, for now as an observer member with a view to becoming a participating member in due course, as a full mirror to IEC TC 65 Industrial Process Measurement, Control and Automation.
The first meeting was held on 16 October at SABS in Pretoria with over 20 attendees representing Adroit, Beckhoff, E+H, Engen, Eskom, Exida, Extech Safety Systems, Krohne, Lapp, Proconics, Rockwell, Sasol, Schneider, Temperature Controls, Vega and Yokogawa.
What follows is an overview of IEC TC 65 and its subcommittees. At the SABS TC165 meeting, it was decided to manage the SCs from the main TC165. However, representatives were nominated as ‘International Liaison’ for each SC.
IEC TC 65 Industrial Process Measurement, Control and Automation
• To prepare international standards for systems and elements used for industrial process measurement, control and automation.
• To coordinate standardisation activities which affect integration of components and functions into such systems including safety and security aspects.
This work of standardisation is to be carried out in the international fields for equipment and systems.
SC65A: System Aspects
• To prepare international standards regarding the generic aspects of systems used in industrial process measurement, control and manufacturing automation: operational conditions (including EMC), methodology for the assessment of systems and functional safety.
SC65A also has a safety pilot function to prepare standards dealing with functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic systems.
SC65B: Measurement and Control Devices
To prepare international standards in the field of specific aspects of devices (hardware and software) used in industrial process measurement and control, including measurement devices, analytical equipment, actuators and programmable logic controllers, and covering such aspects as interoperability, performance evaluation and functionality definition.
SC65C: Industrial Networks
To prepare international standards on wired, optical and wireless industrial networks for industrial process measurement, control and manufacturing automation, as well as for instrumentation systems used for research, development and testing purposes. The scope includes cabling, interoperability, coexistence and performance evaluation.
SC65E: Devices and Integration in Enterprise Systems
To prepare international standards specifying:
• Device integration with industrial automation systems. The models developed in these standards address device properties, classification, selection, configuration, commissioning, monitoring and basic diagnostics.
• Industrial automation systems integration with enterprise systems. This includes transactions between business and manufacturing activities which may be jointly developed with ISO TC184.
At the first meeting, it was voted to establish IEC61511 (Functional Safety for Process Industry), IEC62443 (Network and System Security) and IEC62682 (Alarm Management) as SANS standards. The following standards were listed as the next priority: IEC61158 (Fieldbus Specifications), IEC62541 (OPC Unified Architecture), IEC61326 (EMC Requirements), IEC61512 (Batch Control), IEC60534 (Industrial Process Control Valves), IEC61131 (Programmable Controllers), IEC 62337 (Commissioning in the Process Industry), IEC 62381 (FAT/SAT/SIT), IEC 62382 (Loop Checks).
For more information contact Gary Friend, Extech Safety Systems, +27 (0)11 791 6000, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tel:||086 107 2462|
|Fax:||086 651 5238|
|Articles:||More information and articles about SAIMC|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved