printer friendly version
Ultra-compact IPC is ideal for edge computing
August 2018, Industrial Computer Hardware
Modern system concepts tailored to Industry 4.0 or the IIoT offer numerous advantages in terms of process efficiency, costs and quality. The ultra-compact C6015 Industrial PC (IPC) is the ideal space-saving, high-performance IIoT edge device to fully utilise these advantages for new and legacy systems in the process industries.
By integrating comprehensive IIoT and analytics functionality, PC-based control technology opens up a wealth of options to optimise production. System consistency in the control platform ensures simple implementation and high transparency:
• A universal portfolio of components for explosion protection, including the ELX series EtherCAT Terminals, enables end-to-end automation of even large and complex processing plants.
• The TwinCAT software platform offers specific interfaces and libraries for process technology, and enables convenient cloud integration via TwinCAT IoT and data analysis via TwinCAT Analytics in perfect synchronisation with control cycles.
• A high-performance IoT edge device is available in the form of the C6015 ultra-compact IPC, a universally suitable machine control platform.
C6015 as an exceptionally compact IoT edge device
Measuring just 82 x 82 x 40 mm, the exceptionally compact C6015 IPC with multi-core technology can be flexibly installed even in highly confined spaces. Equipped with an Intel Atom processor offering up to four CPU cores, the C6015 provides sufficient processing power for simple collection, processing and provision of process data and for the more complex tasks required of a modern IoT gateway. The Microsoft Azure certification of the C6015 underscores that the device is ideal for state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 applications.
The C6015 is predestined for such communication tasks especially when retrofitting and connecting legacy systems. Existing process technology systems can easily be equipped with additional IIoT capabilities using this edge device, or they can be readied to meet future communication requirements. In this way, operators of process technology systems gain access to the full wealth of IIoT and analytics solutions supported by Beckhoff technology, regardless of the automation technology used – be it PC-based control or third-party control platforms. This reduces production costs, optimises product quality and improves the overview and transparency of all process workflows. In addition, system availability and productivity can be increased and cloud-based services used, for example, to implement predictive maintenance.
For more information contact Michelle Murphy, Beckhoff Automation, +27 11 795 2898, email@example.com, www.beckhoff.co.za
- Machine evolution yields higher efficiency and quality in processing
August 2018, Beckhoff Automation, Motion Control & Drives
TwinCAT CNC controls grinding machine for dental drills with exceptional precision.
- A new path appears for modular and IoT-capable machines and systems
Technews Industry Guide: Industrial Internet of Things & Industry 4.0, Beckhoff Automation, Industrial Computer Hardware
Ultra-compact industrial PCs: a new generation of devices for challenging automation, visualisation and communication tasks.
- Monitoring of stacked workpieces
July 2018, Beckhoff Automation, IS & Ex
Simple, flexible and cost-effective machine safety implementation.
- Beckhoff Automation substantially increases turnover
July 2018, Beckhoff Automation, News
Beckhoff Automation generated global turnover of €810 million in 2017, an increase of 19% year over year. New products, a larger distribution network, enhanced production capacities and solid growth among ...
- Ultra-compact industrial PCs
June 2018, Beckhoff Automation, IT in Manufacturing
As machines and systems are becoming more modular and control cabinets smaller, the space requirements of control components are increasingly scrutinised. At the same time, evermore complex and sophisticated ...
- Beckhoff Automation and EPLAN present Process 4.0 the first ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ seminar in South Africa for process industries.
June 2018, Beckhoff Automation, EPLAN Software & Services, News
The 2018 Breakfast Seminar Series is aimed at industry segments such as: oil & gas production, petrochemicals, chemicals, water & wastewater management, food & beverage, metals, mining, plastics, woodworking, ...
- Kinetic sculpture interacts with water and light
May 2018, Beckhoff Automation, Motion Control & Drives
A fascinating play of water, light and motion.
- TwinCAT 3 Building Automation
May 2018, Beckhoff Automation, System Integration & Control Systems Design
The next generation in building control.
- Panel PCs and control panels for cost sensitive applications
May 2018, Beckhoff Automation, PLCs, DCSs & Controllers
The new price/performance class of touch panels from Beckhoff, first launched with 18 cm displays, has been expanded by three built-in devices with 26 cm wide screen displays. PC-based control technology ...
- Precise positioning and interference-free communication
Technews Industry Guide: Maintenance, Reliability & Asset Optimisation 2018, Beckhoff Automation, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Flexible automation technology for rotary tables and antenna masts in EMC test laboratories.
- Fully automatic warehousing system for furniture fabrics
April 2018, Beckhoff Automation, IT in Manufacturing
Short delivery times have become a decisive competitive requirement for consumer goods manufacturing. The consequence of that is that manufacturers have to fully optimise their production chains. One ...
- High-end computing power in an ultra-compact design
April 2018, Beckhoff Automation, Industrial Computer Hardware
C6030 Industrial PC expands ultra-compact series with maximum processing power and up to 3.6 GHz per core.