Valve partner to the food industry
December 2017, Valves, Actuators & Pump Control
When it comes to manufacturing or processing foodstuffs and drinks, having the right valve in the right place is essential if things are to run smoothly. Of course it is important to consider whether the valve comes into direct contact with the medium or whether it is more indirectly concerned with the process. But while the requirements may vary depending on where a valve is used, they are always high: process-stability, lifetime, easy maintenance and precise quality control are just a few examples.
Schubert & Salzer Control Systems has many years of experience as the trusted valve partner of a broad range of companies working in the food and drink industry supplying valves for a wide variety of applications. For example, they can be found in traditional bottling plants for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and dairy products. They also regulate the steam, hot water, refrigerant medium or gases required for the temperature control, sterilisation, autoclaving, carbonation or pasteurisation of different products.
Sliding-gate control valves
Media such as steam, hot water or cooling liquids are used in heating, cooling, sterilising, autoclaving or pasteurising processes.
Sliding-gate valves are ideal when it comes to regulating these media. They are also used for supply media such as water, air, CO2 or liquid nitrogen, with very high or very low temperatures, high pressure or when fast switching operations, high control precision
or a high positioning ratio is required.
Users appreciate the significantly reduced consumption, facilitated through the small actuator and the very short valve stroke of just 6-8 mm. Other benefits include:
• High control performance and rangeability.
• Simple maintenance by exchanging the easily accessible disc pair.
• Compact, integrated positioner with no permanent consumption of control air.
• Minimised wear and tear in cavitation applications.
• Low heat loss due to the reduced body surface.
• Reduced noise emissions.
Hygienic right angle control valves
The hygienic right angle control valve with integrated positioner is an all-rounder when it comes to sterile processes. The aseptic valve offers minimal dead space, ideal when it comes to shutting off or controlling gases and liquids which require exceptional cleanliness. Other benefits include:
• Seals which come into contact with the process medium conform to FDA and USP Class-6.
• The hygienic right angle control valve 6020 can withstand medium temperatures of up to 200°C.
• Control performance is achieved thanks to a positioning ratio of 50:1.
• Available in a complete stainless steel version (including actuator and positioner).
• A Zone 0 ATEX Certificate 94/9/EG is available as an option on the positioner 8049.
Over the years, our pinch valves have constantly proved their reliability under sterile conditions – even with difficult media. With these valves, available in nominal sizes DN 15 – DN 50, liquids with granular or abrasive particles and media which are viscous, paste-like or aggressive can be reliably shut-off and regulated under sterile conditions. Other benefits include:
• Long lasting and highly leakproof.
• Simple to maintain.
• Flexibility of the pilot air connection thanks to an actuator bonnet which can rotate 360°.
• A temperature range of -100 to 220°C is possible.
• Line strainers, check valves, manual valves, pneumatic actuators and control actuator can be built onto the same body.
For more information contact Kamil Maharaj, Macsteel Fluid Control, +27 (0)31 581 7800, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.macsteel.co.za