Honeywell Process Solutions has announced the launch of the SmartLine guided wave radar level transmitter, the latest addition to its SmartLine industrial transmitter family. The new device can measure the level and volume of liquids inside processing tanks up to 50 m in height.
The high performance transmitter features industry leading specifications as well as an advanced level of user experience with the introduction of the Application Validation Tool. This online tool allows customers to input technical data about their specific process tank and to validate that the correct level transmitter application is delivered to the site ready to install out of the box.
“The new SmartLine level transmitter leverages the same proven platform, innovative modular design and ease of use as the pressure and temperature transmitters,” says Don Maness, vice president and general manager field products at Honeywell. “This helps facilities manage cost by reducing inventory, speeding start-up, and with Honeywell’s Application Validation Tool, operators can have complete confidence that the level transmitter ordered will be the correct one for the tank application.”
The new level transmitter features a choice of a basic alphanumeric display or an advanced graphics display. The advanced graphics display, capable of showing process data in graphical formats and communicating messages from the control room, also offers multiple languages and full integration with Honeywell’s flagship Experion process control system.
The SmartLine instrument range also includes:
• SmartLine Temperature transmitters to measure temperature accurately and reliably in industrial processes in tough and noisy environments, converting low level signals from temperature sensors to analogue and digital output signals.
• SmartLine Pressure transmitters to measure absolute pressure, gauge pressure, differential pressure, and flanged and remote seal transmitters. Refineries, chemical and pharmaceutical plants and paper mills around the globe rely on these transmitters for accurate and consistent pressure measurement.
Setting a standard for ease of use and total performance in harsh and noisy process environments, the SmartLine family also offers lower total cost of ownership, through reducing initial purchasing costs, providing flexibility for post start-up modifications and reducing maintenance and inventory holding costs.
SmartLine transmitters integrate with all control systems, however when integrated with Honeywell’s Experion PKS, operators benefit from these unique advantages:
• Extended diagnostics – assess the health of critical field assets.
• Maintenance status display – confirm the transmitter is in the right mode before maintenance can be performed.
• Transmitter messaging – allows the operator to send messages to the transmitters advanced display.
• Tamper alert – provides ability to detect unauthorised access of transmitters in remote locations such as pipelines and wellheads.
|Tel:||+27 11 695 8000|
|Fax:||0800 981 754|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Honeywell ACS South Africa|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved