Technews Publishing, a business-to-business technical publisher, is looking for a half-day, full-time deputy editor for the publication Dataweek – South Africa’s leading electronics and communications technology publication. With a 38-year track record, Technews is the de facto market leader in the niche markets in which it operates.
If you enjoy being part of a professional, credible company in a challenging and exciting environment, please send your CV (no longer than 2 pages) to Malckey Tehini, email@example.com.
Products under the responsibility of the deputy editor
• Print and online editions of Dataweek and annual handbook.
• Dataweek email news briefs for monthly magazines and annual handbook.
• Annual Electronics Buyers' Guide (EBG).
• Suitable science or engineering qualification – BEng (Elec), BSc (Elec Eng), National Diploma Eng, etc.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in engineering role and/or technical editing role.
• Knowledge of the electronics industry in South Africa.
• Strong proofreading and editing skills.
• An eye for and attention to detail.
• Good time management and organisational skills.
• The ability to manage strict deadlines and stressful situations.
• Excellent researching and writing skills.
• Excellent interviewing skills.
• The ability to interact professionally with colleagues, clients and PR agencies, editorial contributors, Dataweek readers, and industry/standards bodies.
• Up-to-date proficiency in Microsoft Office; use of Creative Suite (specifically InDesign) an advantage.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively.
• Highly motivated and with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Read more...Axis to create explosion-protected cameras Axis Communications SA
Axis Communications has announced its plans to develop its own explosion-protected surveillance cameras and devices across the Axis product portfolio through a new subsidiary, Axis Ex AB.