The most recent addition to Banner's offering of ultrasonic sensing products, the QS18U is the first to feature this manufacturer's convenient World-Beam standard housing for enhanced mounting and application flexibility. RET Automation says that it is the most competitively priced ultrasonic sensor for its size and capabilities.
"Ultrasonic sensing has never been more flexible or affordable; by using the industry's most widely accepted 18 mm threaded nose and side mounting formats, installation is greatly simplified and there are literally hundreds of available bracket styles to choose from," said Chris Dales, special applications manager for Banner Engineering.
Ultrasonic sensors are suitable for applications where the sensing target is made of clear or transparent material or the target surface colour varies. They also deliver high accuracy in wet or dirty environments and provide reliable background suppression proximity sensing.
With its compact size, 50 to 500 mm sensing window and pushbutton Teach programming, the World-Beam QS18U Series ultrasonic sensors are suitable for a wide variety of applications in the packaging, materials handling, pulp and paper, semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries including the following:
* Detecting clear Web materials in confined areas, mounted directly on or inside conveyors and automated machinery.
* Clear or shiny bottle detecting on a filling line from within a confined location.
* Detecting highly reflective silicon wafers that could fool a traditional photoelectric sensor.
* Liquid or media level detecting from inside small or cramped locations.
Several features make this sensor particularly easy to install and use:
* Teach setup using an on-board pushbutton or remote wire.
* Bright green and amber status LEDs visible from 360°.
* 2 m or 9 m integral cable, 4-pin Euro- or Pico-style integral quick-disconnects, or 4-pin Euro- or Pico-style 150 mm threaded pigtail quick-disconnect cable options.
The sensors feature solid-state bipolar outputs; one current sourcing (PNP) and one current sinking (NPN); and a sensing range of 50 to 500 mm with a 15-millisecond response time. Models are available in both IP67 and IP69K for applications in the broadest range of environmental conditions. They offer a universal solution for sensor users who require a wide range of available sensing modes. They are easy-to-apply, easy-to-use sensors that resist environmental contamination from moisture, dirt, EMI/RFI and crosstalk.
|Tel:||+27 11 453 2468|
|Fax:||+27 11 453 2406|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Turck Banner|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved