Designed as an EtherCAT master and motion controller with protection to IP20, the powerful automation system CPX-E for factory and process automation with NE21-specific certifications is becoming the central control system for handling technology. Several bus modules are available for the configuration as a compact and low-cost remote I/O.
In addition to comprehensive PLC functions, right up to multiple axis applications with interpolation, the CPX-E can easily be integrated into existing host systems. This is made possible by the EtherCAT master interface, the integrated Profinet device interface as well as the EtherNet/IP slave interface. The OPC UA client and server functions ensure easy integration and interoperability in Industry 4.0 host environments with cloud and digitalisation concepts.
Complete solution for many applications
The CPX-E features specific software functions tailored for products and solution packages from Festo, for example:
• Handling technology parts such as parts handling, assembly systems and palletising.
• Complete automation which includes packaging machines (flow wrappers), palletising systems, selective soldering systems and wafer handling systems.
Automation system for factory and process automation system advantages
• Standardised Codesys programming interface.
• CPX-E provides a complete answer to customer tasks, whether universal or Festo system solutions.
• Significantly reduced engineering workload: integrated data management in combination with the Automation Suite software.
• Extended Software functions for seamless integration and easy actuation of electric drives from Festo.
• Standardised, integrated platform for consistent combination of servo and stepper motor technology. Ideal for smooth mixed operation and an identical appearance for the customer interface.
• All motion control functions are embedded into the controller.
Read more...Festo’s digitalised product world January 2020, Festo
, System Integration & Control Systems Design
HoloLens, mobile phones, 3D printing and smart glasses – the gadgets that captured the public imagination in the blockbuster movie ‘Back to the Future’ over 30 years ago have now become a reality, all thanks to digitalisation.
Read more...World record for Festo’s BionicOpter December 2019, Festo
The Festo BionicOpter will be included in the 2020 Guinness World Records. The chapter ‘Robots’ presents the most amazing records from the world of super robots and artificial intelligence. The Festo ...
Read more...Fishery relies on Siemens process management December 2019
, PLCs, DCSs & Controllers
The fishery in Steinach, Switzerland, breeds fish species which are under threat so that they can be released into domestic waterways in the canton of St. Gallen. The quality and temperature of the water, ...
Read more...Precise control in joining applications October 2019, ASSTech Process Electronics + Instrumentation
, PLCs, DCSs & Controllers
Digiforce is the trusted name when comprehensive monitoring of press-fit, joining, riveting and caulking processes is needed. The models 9306 and 9310 are being successfully used in innumerable applications ...