Designed as an EtherCAT master and motion controller with protection to IP20, the powerful automation system CPX-E for factory and process automation with NE21-specific certifications is becoming the central control system for handling technology. Several bus modules are available for the configuration as a compact and low-cost remote I/O.
In addition to comprehensive PLC functions, right up to multiple axis applications with interpolation, the CPX-E can easily be integrated into existing host systems. This is made possible by the EtherCAT master interface, the integrated Profinet device interface as well as the EtherNet/IP slave interface. The OPC UA client and server functions ensure easy integration and interoperability in Industry 4.0 host environments with cloud and digitalisation concepts.
Complete solution for many applications
The CPX-E features specific software functions tailored for products and solution packages from Festo, for example:
• Handling technology parts such as parts handling, assembly systems and palletising.
• Complete automation which includes packaging machines (flow wrappers), palletising systems, selective soldering systems and wafer handling systems.
Automation system for factory and process automation system advantages
• Standardised Codesys programming interface.
• CPX-E provides a complete answer to customer tasks, whether universal or Festo system solutions.
• Significantly reduced engineering workload: integrated data management in combination with the Automation Suite software.
• Extended Software functions for seamless integration and easy actuation of electric drives from Festo.
• Standardised, integrated platform for consistent combination of servo and stepper motor technology. Ideal for smooth mixed operation and an identical appearance for the customer interface.
• All motion control functions are embedded into the controller.
New Modicon IIoT-ready controller September 2020, Schneider Electric South Africa
, PLCs, DCSs & Controllers
The Modicon M262 is IIoT-ready, designed and delivered with intuitive direct cloud connectivity and no gateways are required for OEMs to design solutions for performance demanding applications.
Read more...Condition monitoring in the cloud August 2020, Festo South Africa
, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
Detecting irregularities at an early stage and initiating the necessary measures before a system failure are now made possible by the dashboards and IoT gateway CPX-IOT from Festo. The turnkey, preconfigured ...
Read more...Modular mid-range PLC series June 2020, ElectroMechanica
, PLCs, DCSs & Controllers
The Delta compact modular mid-range AS series PLCs, available locally from ElectroMechanica (EM), is a high-performance, multi-purpose controller designed for all kinds of automated equipment. The series ...
Read more...Festo’s digitalised product world January 2020, Festo South Africa
, System Integration & Control Systems Design
HoloLens, mobile phones, 3D printing and smart glasses – the gadgets that captured the public imagination in the blockbuster movie ‘Back to the Future’ over 30 years ago have now become a reality, all thanks to digitalisation.
Read more...World record for Festo’s BionicOpter December 2019, Festo South Africa
The Festo BionicOpter will be included in the 2020 Guinness World Records. The chapter ‘Robots’ presents the most amazing records from the world of super robots and artificial intelligence. The Festo ...