printer friendly version
Secure liquid level detection
February 2018, Level Measurement & Control
Kobold has capacitive level indicators, type NMC, specifically designed to measure liquid levels in tanks. They consist of a measuring probe and a connecting head with a plug-in evaluation module. Depending on the operating conditions, different probes are available:
• NMC-N: Standard version with metal tanks inserted, their walls undertaking the task of a second electrode. It is applicable for fluid foods as well as for different waters.
• NMC-S: The two probe sensor for non-metal tanks for operation in aggressive media.
• NMC-T: Especially for operation in non-metal holding tanks and media of lower conductivity, the designed probe consists of an interior probe and a surrounding pipe of stainless steel serving as a reference electrode.
• NMC-H: The electronics of one stick probe of stainless steel is thermally insulated by a special intermediate piece so that the sensor technology can easily handle up to 125°C.
The measuring system is based on the capacitive measuring method. The probe and the tank wall, or the second electrode, form the plates of a capacitor; the medium in the tank is the dielectric fluid. The capacity depends on the medium. The more the medium touches the measuring probe, the higher the capacity. This change is detected by the plug-in evaluation module and transformed into a percentage display or a 4-20 mA signal. As there are no movable parts, the unit operates almost wear-free. Lengths of PTFE coated measuring probes of stainless steel can be freely chosen up to 4000 mm. Problematic apertures at holding tank base or at the side can be avoided by virtue of a simple and secure assembly from top. Fields of application include:
• Water or water-like liquids.
• Liquid food.
• Chemicals and aggressive liquids.
For more information contact Instrotech, +27 (0)10 595 1831, email@example.com, www.instrotech.co.za
- Contents measurement in silos
January 2019, Morton Controls, Level Measurement & Control
Each industry provides its own challenges with regard to accurate process control. In the mining and metal processing industry, accurate level measurement is a challenge due to the increased volume of ...
- A wavelength for all situations
January 2019, Endress+Hauser, Level Measurement & Control
113 GHz: the best fitting radar frequency for every level application.
- Dosage and fluid media monitoring
January 2019, Instrotech, Analytical Instrumentation & Environmental Monitoring
Kobold’s ZED-D electronic dosage devices are ideally suited for dosing and monitoring fluid media. They process the signals from separately-installed flow sensors and are mostly freely configurable. The ...
- Humidity measurement in poultry farms
December 2018, Instrotech, Sensors & Transducers
Methods of farming chickens vary from country to country, however the general temperature and humidity conditions required for the three stages of chicken lifecycle are always similar. Temperature and ...
- Temperature measurement within the plastics industry
December 2018, Instrotech, Temperature Measurement
Temperature is an important measurement parameter for many process techniques used in the plastics industry. Non-contact temperature measurement using an infrared sensor system is therefore an effective ...
- Torque transducers for powertrains
December 2018, Instrotech, Sensors & Transducers
Climate change, urban air quality and the rising cost of energy have become the defining issues of the 21st century. With energy consumption and exhaust emissions from vehicles being significant contributors ...
- Clearly visible flow measurement
November 2018, Instrotech, Flow Measurement & Control
To check the flow processes in pipeline systems and for insight into the interior of process pipes, many flow indicators are used in which the flowing medium sets a rotor turning and thus, to a large ...
- Analysing pressure peaks
November 2018, Instrotech, Pressure Measurement & Control
Keller’s Leo 5 high-resolution digital manometer features precise sensor technology, fast signal processing, peak recording and data storage with a time stamp. Designed for deployment in hostile environments, ...
- Mass flow measurement of gases
November 2018, Instrotech, Mass Measurement
The Kobold MAS mass flowmeter works according to the calorimetric method and was conceived for gas flow measurement. Since gases can be compressed, the volume changes with pressure and temperature. In ...
- SIL2 for UWT’s rotating paddle series
October 2018, Morton Controls, Level Measurement & Control
The terms ‘functional safety’ and ‘safety integrity level’ (SIL) have occurred more frequently since the publication of the international standard IEC 61508/IEC61511. Particularly in systems with hazard-causing ...
- Electromagnetic flowmeter
October 2018, Instrotech, Flow Measurement & Control
Kobold’s new model EPS electromagnetic flowmeter has a standard accuracy of ±0,3% of reading stability of zero. The new developed, microprocessor-controlled UMF2 converter guarantees highest accuracy ...
- Level measurement is becoming more sophisticated
October 2018, KROHNE, Level Measurement & Control
Since radar was developed and deployed during WW II, its use has expanded enormously. As technology advances, these uses are also advancing. For example, radar technology is used in the motor industry ...