Awards presented to Siemens distributors and system integrator partners at the 2014 gala dinner event
As part of the gala dinner celebrations at the Future of Manufacturing in South Africa event held recently, Siemens announced the following awards to its distributors and system integrator partners:
Matrikon Moore receiving their award for Best performing process instrumentation distributor. From left to right: Dan Moodley, Clifford Klaas, Jaco Bam and Raymond Padayachee.
• Best performing system integrator – Matrikon Moore.
• Most improved system integrator – PCS Global.
Afrilek Automation receiving their award for Best PCS 7 project. From left to right: Dan Moodley, Clifford Klaas, Kevin Theron, Pregs Naidoo, Raymond Padayachee.
• Best PCS 7 project – Afrilek Automation.
• Best TIA project – New Africa Control Engineering.
• Best performing distributor – Simotech.
• Most improved distributor – Beam Electrical.
• Best performing distributor low voltage switchgear – A and A Dynamic Distributors.
• Most improved distributor low voltage switchgear – Beam Electrical.
• Best performing switchboard manufacturer – Automation & Control.
• Most improved switchboard manufacturer – JB Switchgear Solutions.
• Best performing process instrumentation distributor – Matrikon Moore.
Pulse Controls receiving their award for Most improved process instrumentation distributor. From left to right: Dan Moodley, Clifford Klaas, Nimelen Pillay and Raymond Padayachee.
• Most improved process instrumentation distributor – Pulse Controls.
• Best performing motion control partner – Abacus Automation.
• Most improved motion control partner – MSI Machine Services.
• Best performing system integrator in southern east Africa – DPS (Namibia).
• Best performing distributor in southern east Africa – Lomas & Lomas (Jose Barbosa accepts on their behalf).
• Best performing partner mechanical drives – Pembroke Engineering.
For more information contact Keshin Govender, Siemens Southern Africa, +27 (0)11 652 2412,
Siemens Digital Industries
From the editor's desk: Is additive manufacturing poised to go mainstream? March 2021, Technews Publishing (SA Instrumentation & Control)
As digital manufacturing technology pushes its way further towards the production floor, additive manufacturing (3D printing) is emerging as a viable option to complement the more traditional methods
Female talent switches on to engineering careers with ABB September 2021, ABB South Africa
ABB’s Sustainability Strategy incorporates driving social progress, equality and diversity to create safe, fair and inclusive working environments and support community building.
MESA Africa – call for papers 2021 September 2021, MESA Africa NPC
We invite you – the manufacturing community – to submit papers showcasing your success stories and inspiring ideas, coping under restrictions, and illustrating this year’s theme: The Art of the Possible: Manufacturing Without Limits.
Hazardous locations seminar and cable gland training September 2021
The courses equip artisans and engineers with the skills needed to gain maximum benefit from Pratley’s electrical products.
Endress+Hauser integrates concentration measurement specialist September 2021, Endress+Hauser South Africa
SensAction was founded in 2008 and has been part of the Endress+Hauser Group since 2017.
Omron joins The Valuable 500 September 2021, Omron Electronics
The Valuable 500 aims to get leaders of multinational companies to bring about changes in business, society and the economy so that persons with disabilities can realise their true potential.
Endress+Hauser honours its inventors September 2021, Endress+Hauser South Africa
More than 500 inventors gathered virtually for Endress+Hauser’s 21st Innovators’ Meeting.
Siemens’ software for digital transformation of automotive design September 2021, Siemens Digital Industries
, IT in Manufacturing
Model-based development process and systems are used in Japan and globally to adapt to the biggest automotive transformation in 100 years.
Neles to acquire the valve and pump businesses of Flowrox September 2021, Neles South Africa
Neles has signed an asset purchase agreement to acquire the valve and pump businesses of the Finland-based technology company, Flowrox.
Bosch Holdings celebrates 60 years September 2021
In 1961, it was inconceivable for the founders of Bosch Holdings to have known that 60 years later, the company would have expanded into a global operation.