Belden’s new railway approved high temperature Cat 7 Ethernet data cable supports a superior travel experience by delivering additional bandwidth for expanded Ethernet connections.
Train builders and designers are now specifying data networks that can support increased bandwidth and data transfer rates in order to future-proof passenger and operator service systems.
The new cable is designed for the transmission of data and signals using Ethernet technology, effectively future proofing the on board Ethernet backbone and enabling compliance with the new series of IEC standards; IEC EN 61375 “Train Communication Network (TCN)” and IEC EN 62580 'On-board Multimedia and Telematic Subsystems for Railways'.
Key areas of application include:
* Train Consist Network (TCN).
* Passenger information and entertainment.
* Multimedia services.
* Security and surveillance.
* Train diagnostics.
* Fare collection and ticketing.
* Communications Based Train Control (CBTC).
The new RailTuff Cat 7 railway cable enables operators to integrate more services and supports the drive to deliver a superior travel experience. Its transmission performance of 10 000 Mbps provides higher bandwidth for increased data transfer and expanded network applications.
The halogen-free, flame and oil resistant railway approved cable is unique because it uses a 19 stranded conductor and has an operating temperature up to 90°C, exceeding the 85°C short term temperature requirement of the Class TX EN 50155:2007 railway applications standard.
Belden BE43802 is constructed for reliable Cat 7 transmission performance. The high 19 strand conductor provides added flexibility and the small bend radius allows optimal installation within limited space applications.
Other benefits include:
* A distinctive blue cable jacket for ease of identification after installation.
* Cat 7 Patch Cable 10 Gigabit signal transmission for enhanced system performance, reduced costs and increased functionality.
* Highly stranded copper conductor (AWG 24/19) with a combination of braid and foil shielding for superior strength.
* Consistent system performance thanks to S/FTP, individually foil-screened pairs and high overall braid coverage with Belden Beldfoil for increased electromagnetic interference (EMI) compatibility.
* Customised cable design to withstand vibration, EMI and mechanical stress for maximum reliability.
|Tel:||+27 11 444 1039|
|Fax:||+27 11 444 1311|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Jaycor International|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved