Water is destined to become an ever scarcer resource. Therefore reliable measurement of water flows is extremely important, even under difficult environmental conditions where robust devices are needed. In addition, different requirements call for different output signals.
This is where Krohne’s new electromagnetic converter IFC 050 comes into action. In combination with the Optifluc and Waterflux series it completes the well-known sensor technology with new features, making it applicable to any kind of water and wastewater metering task.
The IFC 050 fulfils all industry-specific requirements and its electronics are protected against condensate with an extra coating, so it can even be used in tropical areas. The housing is protected with dual-layer painting, keeping it safe from aggressive fluids such as salt water. And of course it is sturdy and shock resistant for outdoor use.
When it comes to selecting a device for a specific metering task, the IFC 050 offers a variety of options. The converter can be delivered as compact or wall mounted, with a display or as a blind version. Suitable application combinations include the following:
* Optiflux 1050 for fertiliser distribution, sprinkler/irrigation systems, fire fighting systems, water distribution for buildings, office and recreational facilities.
* Optiflux 2050 for raw water, waste and sea water to cooling water and leak detection.
* Waterflux 3050 for portable water, ground and surface water measurement, leak detection and installation without the need for inlet or outlet runs.
Multiple outputs including active pulse output and RS-485 Modbus
IFC 050 is an easy to use converter with basic output signals. The blind version is the perfect option in any situation where display readings are not required and the menu is permanently set. This converter is equipped with basic I/O with HART and active pulse output (optional Modbus RS-485).
Even triple output is possible:
* Current output 4-20 mA for process input.
* Modbus output for communication with microcontrollers, PLCs and PCs.
* Active pulse output to trigger a counter.
For the blind version a separate display can be temporarily connected to configure the device. The active pulse output can also trigger devices that have no power supply, such as electromechanical counters.
|Tel:||+27 11 314 1391|
|Fax:||+27 11 314 1681|
|Articles:||More information and articles about KROHNE|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved