printer friendly version
Calibrator generates accurate pressure to automate maintenance processes
March 2018, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
Pressure instrument calibration is a significant part of the maintenance workload in process plants and requires a high level of accuracy and repeatability. Fluke has recently launched the new Fluke 729 automatic pressure calibrator, simplifying the calibration process by automating pumping to the precise test pressure, improving calibration integrity by compensating for minor leaks, and automatically documenting the pressure calibration process to meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
With the rugged, portable 729, technicians simply input a target pressure and the calibrator automatically pumps to the desired set-point while the internal fine adjustment control stabilises the pressure at the requested value, delivering more accurate results and speeding the calibration process. Other features include:
• Automatic pressure generation and control for multiple tests to 20 bar. Fill in a test template and the 729 automatically pumps to and documents a multiple-point pressure calibration test.
• Easy calibration documentation using defined templates for transmitters and switches. Input the starting and ending test pressures and number of test points and the calibrator documents the applied pressure, measured mA, and percentage error for each test point. The colour graphical display flags out of tolerance test results in red.
• HART communication enabling mA output trim, trim to applied values, and pressure zero trimming of HART pressure transmitters. Technicians can also perform light configuration tasks such as changing a transmitter tag, measurement units, and ranging.
• Measurement of mA signals on transmitter outputs and sourcing and simulation of mA signals for testing I/Ps and other mA loop devices. It includes a 24 V loop power supply for testing and powering transmitters in standalone tests disconnected from the control system.
As part of the Fluke Connect reliability platform, the 729 allows technicians remote monitoring of calibrations using the Fluke Connect mobile app as well as manage, store, and share pressure measurements and logging events.
Documented calibration results can be uploaded to the included DPCTrack2 calibration management software, to manage instrumentation, create schedule tests and reports and organise calibration data.
For more information contact Comtest, +27 (0)10 595 1821, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.comtest.co.za
- Success through measurement expertise and product innovation
July 2018, GHM Messtechnik SA, This Week's Editor's Pick, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
Since inception, the GHM Group has constantly sought to add layers of exper-tise and competence through the development and acquisition of brands, which not only offer precision measurement, but also bring a dynamic cross-over of synergies to customers.
- Effective plant asset management
Technews Industry Guide: Industrial Internet of Things & Industry 4.0, Siemens Digital Factory & Process Indust. & Drives, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
Siemens offers an ideal solution for the efficient monitoring of intelligent field devices.
- Precision pressure calibrators
July 2018, Comtest, Pressure Measurement & Control
Fluke’s 721 precision pressure calibrator has dual isolated sensors for gas custody transfer applications for pressure calibration and temperature measurement. This allows for simultaneous static and ...
- Comtest hosts Snell IR training and certification
June 2018, Comtest, News
Comtest is a provider of test and measurement and process control equipment solutions from world-leading manufacturers to the southern African market. The company regularly undertakes industry-related ...
- Fibre optic temperature monitoring of switchgear
June 2018, Spero Sensors & Instrumentation, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
AP Sensing’s passive fibre optic cable provides accurate temperature measurements along the length of equipment such as a conveyor belt, or inside switchgear. The system enables cost-effective monitoring ...
- IIoT platform for motor quality analysis
June 2018, CIS Industrial Services, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
Motors drive industry and provide convenience in everyday life. However, if they are not maintained they can fail, which will interrupt production, affect revenue, energy efficiency and product quality, ...
- RS Components launches thermal imaging products
June 2018, RS Components SA, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
RS Components has announced availability of a new series of thermal imaging and test and measurement products from FLIR. Primarily targeting electricians, electrical engineers and technicians, and those ...
- Lever-action grease coupler
June 2018, SKF South Africa, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
SKF recently released the lever-action coupler. Developed to optimise grease gun lubricant delivery, this coupler is available in two versions – one for battery powered grease guns and one for manual ...
- Customised calibration and commissioning concepts ensure system availability
May 2018, Endress+Hauser, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
The Endress+Hauser approach exceeds compliance requirements and delivers unsurpassed plant availability.
- State-of-the-art test equipment for TUT’s electronic engineering laboratory
May 2018, Comtest, News
The Tshwane University of Technology’s (TUT) Electrical Engineering Department recently undertook a major refurbishment of its electronic engineering laboratory. This involved scrapping the older, outdated ...
- Fluke simplifies safety compliance testing
May 2018, Comtest, IS & Ex
Fluke has introduced a unique tester to the market that sources both AC and DC steady-state voltage for Hi-Z and Lo-Z instruments, thus simplifying safety compliance testing.
The Fluke PRV240 Proving ...
- Drive alignment reduces wear
May 2018, Bearing Man Group t/a BMG, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration
BMG’s extensive range of Fenner power transmission components encompasses the Fenner Drive Alignment Laser instrument, designed for accurate pulley and sprocket alignment, to reduce wear on belts and ...