printer friendly version
Hygienic transmitter for pressure or hydrostatic level
September 2017, Level Measurement & Control
The L3 pressure and level transmitter has been designed to measure process pressure or hydrostatic level in hygienic applications for the brewing, dairy and food and beverage industries. The state-of-the-art temperature compensation reduces errors associated with process temperature changes, while improved zero stability reduces sensor interaction.
The graphical user interface makes set-up and programming easy through the intuitive menu structure. The field repairable and reconfigurable design allows users to change the display orientation, add a remote cable, or replace a component in the field without impact to accuracy. The range of applications includes hydrostatic level measurement in dynamic temperature environments, pressure measurement in pipes and vessels up to 110°C and hydrostatic level, volume and mass measurement in inventory silo’s.
Hygienic design and process connection
• Use of Negele weld-in sleeve EMZ-352 or build-in system EHG-1 results in a hygienic installation situation that is free of gaps and dead space, and is easy to sterilise.
• Conforming to 3-A Sanitary Standard 74-06 with DIRECTadapt.
• EHEDG compliant hygienic design with CLEANadapt process connection.
• CIP-/SIP-cleaning up to 130°C for 60 minutes.
• All materials in contact with the product have FDA approval.
• Stainless steel construction.
For more information contact Raymond Karsten, Instek Control, +27 (0)12 998 6326, email@example.com, www.instek.co.za
- Endress+Hauser offers radar via online shop
October 2017, Endress+Hauser, Level Measurement & Control
The new free space radar Micropilot FMR10 offers various significant product features in regards to innovation and efficiency. It is a radar measuring device with Bluetooth wireless technology. Commissioning, ...
- 3D level measurement and detection
September 2017, ifm Electronic RSA, Level Measurement & Control
ifm’s photoelectric 3D level measurement and point level detection system detects solid, opaque solids and bulk materials in tanks, silos or hoppers with levels of up to 10 m. The O3D reliably detects ...
- Reliable level measurement for smarter cider production
September 2017, Endress+Hauser, Level Measurement & Control
Ciders have been growing in popularity over the past few years and South Africa has experienced robust year-on-year growth in volume terms. However, consumers in South Africa have become more discerning ...
- Float-based level measurement is ideal for fermenters
August 2017, WIKA Instruments, Level Measurement & Control
Measuring instruments with a float are influenced neither by foaming nor by electrical conductivity or dielectric constants.
- Instek Control delivers de-aeration systems at one of South Africa’s biggest breweries
August 2017, Instek Control, News
Throughout the course of 2016 and early 2017, Instek Control delivered four Centec, DeGaS-Cold de-aeration skids to major brewing facilities in southern Africa. During June, a further skid was delivered ...
- Krohne’s new radar level transmitters
August 2017, Krohne, Level Measurement & Control
Krohne has added six new 24 and 80 GHz transmitters to its Optiwave series of FMCW radar level transmitters, targeted at liquid and solid applications in a wide range of industries. Based on over 28 years ...
- A diamond in level measurement
June 2017, VEGA Controls SA, Level Measurement & Control
This article explains how one operator at a diamond ore processing plant was able to gain significant advantages by switching to radar level measurement at 80 GHz.
- ABB’s laser level measurement for the mining industry
June 2017, ABB South Africa, Level Measurement & Control
To operate any process efficiently, it is essential to measure, actuate, record and control. ABB measurement products have provided world-class measurement solutions for industry, utilities and municipalities ...
- Level measurement probes for flotation applications
June 2017, Instek Control, Level Measurement & Control
This article aims to introduce the LTM-2 level measurement probes from Instek Control as an alternative to traditional measurement systems employed throughout the flotation industry. The LTM-2 probe was ...
- Emerson introduces safety certified level radar
June 2017, Emerson Automation Solutions, Level Measurement & Control
SIL 3 device provides enhanced diagnostics and remote testing capability for critical overfill prevention applications.
- Optoelectronic level measurement in pharmaceutical production
June 2017, WIKA Instruments, Level Measurement & Control
As drug production increasingly moves to emerging markets such as India, some US drug manufacturers are focusing more on the development of high value individual medicines. This shift is changing the ...
- Secure liquid level detection
May 2017, Instrotech, Level Measurement & Control
Kobold has capacitive level indicators, type NMC, specifically designed to measure liquid levels in tanks. They consist of a measuring probe and a connecting head with a plug-in evaluation module. Depending ...