printer friendly version
Timers and clocks for hazardous areas
August 2017, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays, IS & Ex
Beka’s new third generation timer/clock’s applications as a timer include simply displaying the time interval between two events detected by a hazardous area sensor. As a clock, local time can be displayed in various 12 or 24 hour formats and the display may be synchronised to a pre-set time via the external reset input. Optional control outputs may be configured to switch loads on or off at pre-set times each day.
Other features include:
• ATEX and IECEx Ex i gas and dust certified models.
• ATEX and IECEx Ex nA and Ex tc models for Zone 2 & 22 applications without barriers.
• Single or dual configurable inputs: magnetic pick-off, switch contact, proximity detector, open collector or voltage pulse.
• Three enclosures DIN 144 x 72 mm plus two new additions DIN 96 x 48 mm and Rugged 105 x 60 mm.
• Isolated status output, dual alarms and backlight.
• General purpose models also available.
For more information contact Gary Friend, Extech Safety Systems, +27 (0)11 791 6000, email@example.com, www.extech.co.za
- Monitoring of stacked workpieces
July 2018, Beckhoff Automation, IS & Ex
Simple, flexible and cost-effective machine safety implementation.
- Extech to distribute i.safe Mobile in sub-Saharan Africa
July 2018, Extech Safety Systems, IS & Ex
Extech Safety Systems has partnered with GoRugged to distribute i.safe Mobile products in sub-Saharan Africa. The IS520.1 is an industrial smartphone with current technology for use in Zone 1/21. It combines ...
- New switches protect people and machinery
July 2018, RS Components SA, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
RS Components has introduced two new series of switches that target maintenance engineers and machine and panel builders, and deliver intuitive machine safety control in a wide variety of industrial applications. ...
- Flush-mount pushbuttons for modern control panel design
May 2018, RS Components SA, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
RS Components has announced availability of more than 150 new lines of flush-mount pushbuttons from the Harmony XB5F range from Schneider Electric. Designed for control panels and targeting panel builders, ...
- Modular HMI for hazardous areas
January 2018, Pepperl+Fuchs, IS & Ex
PC solution extends modular system
At the beginning of the year, the VisuNet GXP product family was grown to include a PC solution. The new computing unit is optimally suited for mechanical engineers, ...
- How to calculate IS loop approval: Part 3 – impact of Gas Group on loop approval cable lengths
January 2018, Extech Safety Systems, IS & Ex
Further to my previous articles: ‘How to calculate an intrinsically safe loop approval’ (http://www.instrumentation.co.za/7571a) and ‘Calculating intrinsically safe loop approvals – Part 2’ (http://www.instrumentation.co.za/7782a...
- Cordex introduces the Toughpix Digitherm pocket-size digital and thermal imaging camera
December 2017, Extech Safety Systems, Sensors & Transducers
Compact enough to fit into any work pocket, but rugged enough to take the hits, Toughpix Digitherm is a go-anywhere camera providing the power and resilience to get the job done.
Rugged, powerful and ...
- Stay safe with SICK Automation
November 2017, SICK Automation Southern Africa, IS & Ex
Components evolve into ready to install safety systems.
- Be safe by monitoring hazardous areas
November 2017, IS & Ex
Underground monitoring with the Sperosens SL2010 system
The SL2010 telemetry system provides underground data collection and communication from the mine’s fibre-optic backbone to the control centre where ...
- Remote operating terminals for Ex zones
November 2017, Extech Safety Systems, IS & Ex
Introducing a new and unique modular design concept, the MTL Gecma Work Station is a new generation of remote operating terminals for Ex Zone 1/2/21/22.
The new modular workstation range addresses the ...
- Seven-colour indicator lights
November 2017, RET Automation Controls, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
Banner Engineering has announced the release of K30L2 and K50L2 seven-colour indicator lights for use in any application requiring high-visibility status indication. The new indicators utilise RGB LED ...
- Clever switching devices cover all application ranges
October 2017, Phoenix Contact, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
It is hard to imagine a world without switches and the portfolio from Phoenix Contact contributes to automated and therefore cost-effective production.