printer friendly version
Timers and clocks for hazardous areas
August 2017, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays, IS & Ex
Beka’s new third generation timer/clock’s applications as a timer include simply displaying the time interval between two events detected by a hazardous area sensor. As a clock, local time can be displayed in various 12 or 24 hour formats and the display may be synchronised to a pre-set time via the external reset input. Optional control outputs may be configured to switch loads on or off at pre-set times each day.
Other features include:
• ATEX and IECEx Ex i gas and dust certified models.
• ATEX and IECEx Ex nA and Ex tc models for Zone 2 & 22 applications without barriers.
• Single or dual configurable inputs: magnetic pick-off, switch contact, proximity detector, open collector or voltage pulse.
• Three enclosures DIN 144 x 72 mm plus two new additions DIN 96 x 48 mm and Rugged 105 x 60 mm.
• Isolated status output, dual alarms and backlight.
• General purpose models also available.
For more information contact Gary Friend, Extech Safety Systems, +27 (0)11 791 6000, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.extech.co.za
- Cordex introduces the Toughpix Digitherm pocket-size digital and thermal imaging camera
December 2017, Extech Safety Systems, Sensors & Transducers
Compact enough to fit into any work pocket, but rugged enough to take the hits, Toughpix Digitherm is a go-anywhere camera providing the power and resilience to get the job done.
Rugged, powerful and ...
- Stay safe with SICK Automation
November 2017, SICK Automation Southern Africa, IS & Ex
Components evolve into ready to install safety systems.
- Be safe by monitoring hazardous areas
November 2017, IS & Ex
Underground monitoring with the Sperosens SL2010 system
The SL2010 telemetry system provides underground data collection and communication from the mine’s fibre-optic backbone to the control centre where ...
- Remote operating terminals for Ex zones
November 2017, Extech Safety Systems, IS & Ex
Introducing a new and unique modular design concept, the MTL Gecma Work Station is a new generation of remote operating terminals for Ex Zone 1/2/21/22.
The new modular workstation range addresses the ...
- Seven-colour indicator lights
November 2017, RET Automation Controls, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
Banner Engineering has announced the release of K30L2 and K50L2 seven-colour indicator lights for use in any application requiring high-visibility status indication. The new indicators utilise RGB LED ...
- Clever switching devices cover all application ranges
October 2017, Phoenix Contact, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
It is hard to imagine a world without switches and the portfolio from Phoenix Contact contributes to automated and therefore cost-effective production.
- How to calculate an intrinsically safe loop approval
September 2017, Extech Safety Systems, IS & Ex
For 24 V systems, intrinsic safety offers a simple and flexible solution for zones 0, 1 and 2.
- Calculating intrinsically safe loop approvals – Part 2
July 2013, Extech Safety Systems, IS & Ex
Intrinsic safety for Zone 2 (Exic) and using longer cable runs.
- Universal process panel meter
August 2017, Extech Safety Systems, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays, IS & Ex
Beka associates is pleased to announce the introduction of the Advisor A90 universal process meter, designed and manufactured by Beka in the UK to the same exacting standards as its hazardous area indicators ...
- Fire detection and suppression in mines
June 2017, Spero Sensors & Instrumentation, IS & Ex
Sperosens’ solutions for the South African mining industry include deep mine distributed telemetry systems, coupled with carefully chosen fire detection and suppression options catering to unique customer requirements.
- Building machines and panels made easy
June 2017, Schneider Electric South Africa, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
Schneider Electric’s Harmony range of switches and indicators has been developed to ensure the highest possible level of reliability while offering a modern design to enhance an industrial machine’s aesthetic ...
- CorDEX TC series intrinsically safe thermal imaging cameras
June 2017, Extech Safety Systems, Sensors & Transducers
For troubleshooting tools that are rugged, reliable, efficient and accurate, which can help detect problems fast and communicate them to the maintenance team, the CorDEX TC series intrinsically safe cameras ...