printer friendly version
Automation platform 4.0: Festo’s terminal CPX
Technews Industry Guide: Industrial Internet of Things 2017, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
The terminal CPX contains everything that makes Festo stand out – competency, security, efficiency and simplicity. This is the basis on which the company solves a customer’s automation tasks to achieve increased productivity. CPX is ideal as an automation platform, valve terminal partner or remote I/O – it is electric, open and direct. It is also the perfect platform for electrical peripherals, allowing users to integrate pneumatic and electrical control chains easily, quickly, flexibly and seamlessly into all automation concepts and company-specific standards – and into Industry 4.0 as well.
CPX is a new benchmark for perfect networking thanks to:
• Universal communication via fieldbus/Ethernet.
• A choice of pneumatic platforms (valve terminals).
• Subordinate, decentralised installation systems CPI, IO-Link or I-Port.
• Unrivalled module and application variety.
CPX provides greater economy and operational reliability through function integration such as:
• Front end control.
• A choice of scalable installation concepts.
• Comprehensive diagnostics and condition monitoring.
• Motion control for electric and servo-pneumatic drives.
• Measurement and control.
For more information contact Kershia Beharie, Festo, 086 003 3786, email@example.com, www.festo.co.za
- Pressure transmitters for hydraulic systems
May 2018, RET Automation Controls, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Turck has extended its line of PT2000 pressure transmitters with the release of a variant for use in hydraulic systems.
“With a list of features that includes an SAE fitting, stainless cell, gel filled ...
- Parker online engineering tool simplifies O-ring selection
May 2018, Parker Hannifin - Sales Company South Africa, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
The Engineered Materials Group of Parker Hannifin has announced the availability of a new web-based engineering tool: the Parker O-Ring Selector. The innovative tool enables precise selection of the right ...
- Format change at the push of a button
May 2018, Festo, Motion Control & Drives
Two Festo innovations enable fast and straightforward format changes on just one machine.
- Festo’s comprehensive asset optimisation, maintenance and energy efficiency solutions
Technews Industry Guide: Maintenance, Reliability & Asset Optimisation 2018, Festo, Maintenance, Test & Measurement, Calibration, System Integration & Control Systems Design
Festo’s technical experts and efficient technologies ensure that machines and systems have shorter downtime, consume fewer resources and less energy. This leads to increases in the sustainability of production processes and overall company productivity.
- Festo’s energy efficiency module MSE6-E2M
Technews Industry Guide: Maintenance, Reliability & Asset Optimisation 2018, Festo, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Saving energy is easier than ever before thanks to the MSE6-E2M. It helps end users to achieve their energy efficiency and sustainability targets and improves the efficiency of machinery for OEMs. The ...
- Save with simple and cost effective hydraulic filtration solutions
Technews Industry Guide: Maintenance, Reliability & Asset Optimisation 2018, Hydrasales, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Maintenance personnel have to facilitate optimum hydraulic system performance in their programme, hence the incorporation of oil cleanliness checks, or oil contamination monitoring should not be neglected. ...
- Flexible yet standardised solutions from Festo simplify connector production
March 2018, Festo, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Servo presses and handling systems for connector assembly in consumer electronics and automotive industries.
- Control of hydraulic functions in mobile applications
March 2018, Parker Hannifin - Sales Company South Africa, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
The electronic controls business unit of Parker Hannifin has released new functional safety controllers for mobile machinery applications. As well as offering high levels of robustness and straightforward ...
- BMG’s filter elements for hydraulic oil systems
March 2018, Bearing Man Group t/a BMG, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
BMG’s fluid technology services include solutions for hydraulics and pneumatics, lubrication, fuel and industrial filtration systems, hydraulic hose and fittings, as well as instrumentation, pumps and ...
- Everything from a single source
February 2018, Festo, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Festo offers smart automation solutions for food applications covering the complete production process.
- Festo streamlines the automation of battery production
January 2018, Festo, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Car manufacturers worldwide are heralding investment in electro-mobility.
- SMC drives the automotive industry
January 2018, SMC Pneumatics South Africa, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Known for its support to the automotive industry, SMC offers a comprehensive line of pneumatic products which both meet and exceed the automotive industry's demanding manufacturing requirements. The result ...