Smart capacitive buttons for the food industry
April 2017, Operator Interfaces, Switches & Relays
Comitronic-BTI has updated its buttons for the food industry. The fifth generation of the smart capacitive buttons now uses a new filtering technology:
• Water cannot trigger them, even if the water jet goes directly onto the button.
• Works with latex gloves or protective per EN 3088.
Some changes have also been made to the housing of the button:
• It is now IP69K rated.
• The button is completely smooth without any retention areas, a requirement for the food industry.
• The buttons are available in numerous colours so users can customise their applications. Green, red and blue have been added to the standard black and grey.
Although the buttons are fully customisable, some standard versions are available, such as:
• Kapix On – green housing, red/green/orange LED, 1 NO contact.
• Kapix Off – red housing, red LED, 1 NO + 1 NC contact.
• Kapix Action – black housing, red/green/orange LED, 1 NO contact.
Both the Kapix On and Kapix Off buttons are laser engraved ensuring that the labels remain visible and that the labels will not fade with the daily factory wash down. The buttons are also available with built-in time delays.
For example, the Kapix Off must be touched for 3 seconds before it activates its outputs. This helps to avoid accidental shut-down of the machine when an operator touches a button by mistake.
For more information contact Brandon Topham, RET Automation, +27 (0)11 453 2468, email@example.com, www.retautomation.com