Civet personal tracking unit
December 2016, Industrial Wireless
The Civet personal tracking (CPT) unit is a GPS-based tracking device that uses the GSM and Iridium satellite networks to communicate its positional data to the AWE web portal. The user inserts an active SIM card to enable connection to the GSM network. However, the CPT can operate without a SIM as a standalone satellite-based tracking unit, or it can operate without activating the satellite modem as a GSM-based tracking unit.
Other features include:
• Small size, fits in the palm of the hand.
• Global coverage.
• Remotely configurable logging and transmitting intervals.
• Panic button that alerts to one or more telephone numbers.
• ‘Create Waypoint’ functionality.
• Zone and alert functionality (departure and arrival notifications).
• Logs GPS positions via Iridium satellite network when not in GSM coverage.
• Charged using a 5 VDC micro USB charger.
• Logs through the AWE web application and online portal.
The unit is supplied with a charging cable and user guide.
For more information contact Jason Tarr, AWE Telemetry Systems, +27 (0)73 171 2539, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.awetelemetry.com